Words are powerful. They can help us keep going or ruin it all to ashes. So here are some quotes for the broken heart that might help you (because they helped me) go through the tough times. There isn’t much help you can find on the web, sad to say. You’ll find tons of “hugot” and memes from millennials and they’re downright funny and witty but not necessarily meaty pieces to keep you really fighting. It’s easy, too, to find pieces that will keep you company by trying to make a never-ending process of mourning and crying and sobbing which doesn’t help in the long run, especially when all it does is to keep the wounds fresh.
Hopefully, this helps. Take note, though, that being heart-broken isn’t just about a love interest. It can be about hearts broken in relation to loving our self, family, friends, work, dreams, God, etc. Heart and love is life, after all.
In one of the events I attended as a lector, I heard from a priest that there is a Catholic way of facing death. I reckon there’s a Catholic way, too, of mourning, grieving, and moving on. Most quotes for the broken heart which I gathered were uttered by the pope, saints, Catholic ministries, some other Christian groups, and even celebrities or brands. You may find Instagram and Facebook pages to follow leading you to multitude articles, books, blogs and websites to read. And if there are more quotes for the broken heart that you can share to me and fellow readers, please leave them in the comments section. We’ll really appreciate it.
11. Catholic-Link English – Facebook Post @catholiclink1 : “Whenever you feel unloved, remember the cross!”
12. God’s True Beauty – Facebook Post @Truebeautyministries : “You are never alone, God is with you in your storm. He will give you peace. He will keep you safe. He will help you make it out to the other side okay. No matter how overwhelmed you feel know that God is in control. This storm won’t last forever, God will take care of you.” (Anna Bachinsky)
13. Catholic News Agency – Facebook Post @CatholicNewsAgency : “Remain firm in your intent not to give in to discouragement at the difficulties that still remain.”
14. Unknown : ” Until Jesus Christ is the obsession of your heart, you’ll always be looking to mere men to meet needs that only He can fill. Only when you make Jesus Christ your first love, will you be ready for a love story that reflects His glory.”
15. Words of Mother Teresa : “If you are discouraged, it is a sign of pride, because it shows you trust in your own powers. Never bother about other people’s opinions. Be humble and you will never be disturbed. The Lord has wielded me here where I am. He will find a solution.” – St. Teresa of Calcutta
16. Catholic News Agency – Facebook Post @CatholicNewsAgency : “We are tempted to always look to ourselves,” he said, “brooding and sinking in anguish, licking our wounds, rather than going to him, who says, ‘Come to me you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.'”
17. Catholic-Link English – Facebook Post @catholiclink1 : “Things to remember when you’re feeling left out: Realize you can’t change people; God fulfills our deepest longings; Jesus gets it.”
18. CBCP News – Facebook Post @cbcpnews : “For the vision still has its time, presses on to fulfillment, and will not disappoint; it it delays, wait for it, it will surely come, it will not be late. The rash one has no integrity; but the just one, because of his faith, shall live.”
19. Power of Possitivity – Facebook Post @powerofpossitivity : ” Be the love you never received.”